Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sketch-tastic.


Here's my sketch of the week. Enjoy!

I'd like to take a second to encourage anyone reading this to send me pics of their car. Asian, Euro, Domestic, I don't discriminate.

Since I'm already on this topic, I figure I should clarify what I'm trying to feature. Here's the four simple rules I run through my head when evaluating a potential feature:

1. Daily drivers only.
Garage-kept weekend toys are ok, of course, but it's got to be registered and street-driven. No trailer queens, be they for race or show.

2. Budget builds.
A potential feature can feature some high-dollar parts, but if it's built inside-to-outside with top dollar equipment, I'll pass. Not that I don't drool over such cars, but it's not my focus. There's plenty of publications out there, both online and off, who'd be happy to feature such a car.

3. Catching the Eye
There should be something notable about the car. I just featured a (relatively) stock 95 BMW in great condition. I won't feature an o5 BMW in the same condition. Why? There's nothing special about a clean, stock 05. Now if that 05 had some tasteful mods... That's another story altogether.

4. Is it Clean?
I know I'm going to be running the word "Clean" into the ground with this blog, but to me there's no better description of a nice car. I've seen a lot of cars with ratty engine bays, mismatched wheels, ill-fitting parts, or outrageous body modifications. I thought a lot of these cars were cool as hell. However, it's not the focus of this particular publication. Just like if I was writing a Honda mag, I wouldn't feature a Ford in it, no matter how awesome I thought it was.

I hope that clear up some of the questions I've received on what I'm doing with this blog. Hopefully in the future I can expand the influence, but for now it's about posting, sketching and writing about the clean street cars that come my way. I'll be posting once or twice a week, usually on the weekends, so catch ya next time!

PS
Add the Facebook page to get the Clean Question of the Day. :]

No comments: