Sunday, February 21, 2010

Beem Me Up!





Finally, I've managed to feature a car both not Japanese and less than 20 years old. Who'd have thought that could happen, eh?

I've actually met Sam, the owner of this car, in person, and he's a pretty cool dude. I also met his very well-maintained 3rd-gen Honda Accord, which seriously looks no more than 5 years old. What I didn't know is that Sam also owns this very nice, equally well-maintained 1995 BMW 525i. When he sent me pics, I decided to pay my respects to it with this feature.

As a 19-year-old mechanical engineering student at Penn State, Sam doesn't have much money to spend on this gift from his dad, but he's definitely done the right things. He's completely replaced all the rubber hoses and fuel lines, redone the brakes, front suspension, and cooling system, and, perhaps most noticeably, converted the stock automatic transmission to a manual from an M3. I'm sure this car will be on the road for years to come.

No comments: