Sunday, March 7, 2010

One More Reason To Move To Canada








Most of you are probably familiar with the Hyundai Accent; it's a small utilitarian compact car. Every time I see one, I can't help but think of the potential such a lightweight car would have if properly modified. Well, apparently I'm not the only one who's thought along these lines, because a couple years ago, Hyundai of Canada announced a very limited release of a car they called the Accent SR. Nothing crazy here, just simple effective touches such as a tightened suspension, 4-wheel ABS, and a tweaked engine. Too bad it won't ever be sold in the US.

I'd never heard of the SR until I came across this example. It's owned by Michael, a Law student and amateur photographer living in Toronto. This 2007 Accent SR is his pride and joy. "Ever since I saw the car at CIAS, I had to have one" he says. Michael also operates http://www.TorontoHyundaiClub.com as a hobby, so it's definitely no secret which badge he pledges loyalty to.

Michael's SR is tastefully modified. An AEM intake, Megan 4-1 header, and Vibrant exhaust handling the airflow, monitored by an upgraded ECU. Eibach springs and DC sports strut bars help the Falken tires work to their maximum potential. A subtle body kit rounds out the mods for an all-around great-looking great-handling daily driver. Did I mention that the performance mods came from Hyundai of Canada and don't void the warranty? :]

Here's to you, Michael. I hope your car is on the road for years to come, and with Hyundai's warranty coverage, it most likely will be.


No comments: